Balcony Garden in Florida

Do you love plants, but don't have a yard? If you have a balcony or patio area, you can grow a beautiful container garden. The key is to select plants that will grow well in the conditions you have and respect their needs.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Explosion of Growth in Dill

With a bright green shoot reminiscent of a Fourth of July firework burst, my dill plant recently exploded in growth.  You can see the burst of yellow green growth in the photo below.

I had placed my dill in a sunny location, watered it weekly and watched it take hold.  It held on, but didn't show marked improvement.  In fact, I noticed that the tips of the dill started to brown.  In response, I moved it to a less sun intense location and gave it more water.  It rewarded me with scores of promising green shoots.  You can see how this new shoot represents an entire new dimension to this dill plant.  When you treat a plant the way they want to be treated, the rewards are immense.  Plants are a lot like people that way.

I have been searching for some recipes that use dill.  It is wonderful on any grilled fish with a little lemon.  I have used it many times with tilapia.  I have also used it in egg white omelettes with success.  If anyone has any good recipes that use fresh dill, feel free to post them here. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools