Balcony Garden in Florida

Do you love plants, but don't have a yard? If you have a balcony or patio area, you can grow a beautiful container garden. The key is to select plants that will grow well in the conditions you have and respect their needs.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bougainvillea Recovering from Soil Gnats

In the process of eradicating the soil gnats, I sprayed my bougainvillea plants with a solution of dawn and water.  This effectively killed the soil gnat larvae which had been deposited on my bougainvillea, however my bougainvillea suffered.  Many of the leaves and flowers dried and fell off of the bougainvillea.  I fertilized the bougainvillea and watered them regularly and they began to recover.  Today I have begun to see fresh bright green growth on the bougainvillea branches.  I hope that with proper watering and feeding they will begin to flower over the next few weeks.

While many of the flowers and leaves dried up, the branches continued to grow in length and bright green new leaves emerged.  I hope to see these two bougainvillea flourish again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools