Balcony Garden in Florida

Do you love plants, but don't have a yard? If you have a balcony or patio area, you can grow a beautiful container garden. The key is to select plants that will grow well in the conditions you have and respect their needs.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fresh Cilantro in my Herb Garden

As I was looking for organic vegetables in my favorite farmer's market, I noticed a large cluster of cilantro walking towards me.  Nearly a foot wide and 8" tall, the cilantro had somehow sprouted arms and legs and was literally walking towards me.  As it approached, a face appeared behind the large plant.  It was my husband, he had picked out the plant for my herb garden and was bringing to the counter to buy for me.  I was thrilled. 
Cilantro is a wonderfully bright herb that goes well with so many dishes.  My husband makes a wonderful turkey chili with cilantro.  It's also great in salsa and adds a bright touch to many Mexican dishes.  I use it regularly, so I was pleased to have such a large plant to start.  Cilantro loves sunshine and water.  I have plenty of both so I I hope to have good fortune with my new cilantro plant. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools